Hot Posts

Jack Gleeson From "Game Of Thrones" Says He Never Had One Negative Experience From Fans

 

 Jack Gleeson AKA Joffrey Baratheon never had any bad experience with fans

Jack Gleeson from 'Game of Thrones' says he 'never had one negative experience' from fans

Jack Gleeson, popularly known for his role as King Joffrey Baratheon from Game of Thrones, shared that he has never had a negative fan experience.

Gleeson at the Game of Thrones Convention on Friday, December 9th, 2022 at the Los Angeles Convention Center, said during a Q&A with host Jason Concepcion  Gleeson, that his 'fan experience' after his portrayal as one of the most hated character on the show is quite the opposite.

“Thankfully, I've never had any negative fan experiences or anything.... There's still a chance, if anybody wants to throw a punch,” he shared, much to the fans’ shock.

In GOT, Joffrey Baratheon sits on the Iron Throne at a young age after death of his father in a hunting accident. Joffrey is one of the most hated villains in television history as he is full of malice and aggressive violence.

Jack Gleeson from 'Game of Thrones' says he 'never had one negative experience' from fans
Jack Gleeson from 'Game of Thrones' says he 'never had one negative experience' from fans

In the past, some performers had to cope with hostile fan responses to the characters they play on television. 

The actor Dean-Charles Chapman (Tommen Baratheon), who is one of them, told Entertainment Weekly that a fan once said they wanted to punch him in the face.

It is expected of fans that the most hated character of thier favourite show, when appears in public will face a backlash or some sort of hatred, but in this case it is quite the 'opposite.'

Gleeson said, however, that it was just a "rumour" that had been going around about him for a long time. “A lot of people come up to me because I guess this rumor started that people treat me horribly on the street or I get attacked… but I've never had one negative experience, I feel like people are extra nice to me because they think people attack me, so maybe I should keep the rumor going.”

He also said that he was just accosted in public while he was with his friends.

“During the filming of Game of Thrones, I was also in university in Dublin and  I was a kid but all I wanted was to be  a celebrity,"  he shared  his thoughts. 

"when I became famous, I realized that whenever I go to a pub, all of my friends then just have to become photographers because people give them their phone and then their night is ruined,” he explained.

But “every interaction was perfectly lovely and perfectly nice,” he added.

Post a Comment

0 Comments