Hot Posts

Kit Harington Felt ‘Pain’ Watching House of the Dragon

Kit Harington is having a hard time watching the Game of Thrones' prequel "House of the Dragon"
‘It’s hard for me to watch because I lived in it for so long,’ He said.


Kit Harington, who played Jon Snow in the critically acclaimed TV Show Game of Thrones, said in an interview that he feels pain watching the GOT prequel.

Game of Thrones' prequel "House of the Dragon" which is based on George R.R. Martin’s novel Fire & Blood, is set roughly 200 years before the events of Game of Thrones.

On the red carpet for his new Apple TV+ series, Extrapolations, Kit Harington revealed that he had watched the first few episodes of 'House of the Dragon'.

“I loved it. I think they’ve done a fantastic job with it. Really great job, and I think all the acting in it’s superb,” he told ExtraTV.

He added “it’s hard for me to watch because I lived in it for so long”.

“There’s a pain there, you know? So I’m working my way through it slowly,” he said.

Upon asking for clarification on what he meant by “pain”, Harington said, “It’s like you’re watching other people in your costumes.”

Harington’s co-star, Emilia Clarke who played Daenerys Targaryen in Game of Thrones,  recently admitted to having the similar feelings as well.

She told Variety earlier this year that she hadn’t been able to watch the prequel show yet.

“It’s too weird. I’m so happy it’s happening. I’m over the moon about all the awards… I just can’t do it. It’s so weird. It’s so strange,” she said.

“It’s kind of like someone saying, ‘You want to go to this school reunion that’s not your year? Want to go to that school reunion?’ That’s how it feels. I’m avoiding it.”


While promoting his new Apple TV+ series Extrapolations, Kit Harington said that he has seen “the first few episodes” of House of the Dragon. “I loved it. I think they’ve done a fantastic job with it. Really great job, and I think all the acting in it’s superb.”
Kit Harington: “There’s a pain” in watching House of the Dragon
“It’s hard for me to watch because I lived in it for so long,” he said. “There’s a pain there, y’know? So I’m working my way through it slowly. It’s like you’re watching other people in your costumes.” 
House of the Dragon was a massive hit and HBO has renewed it for a second season which will be released sometime in in 2024.

There's a lot of rumours going around about a potential sequel show about Jon Snow, which would follow the former King in the North after his exile to the wall in the Game of Thrones finale.

The interviewer asked Kit Harington about the potential Jon Snow “prequel”; the actor noticed the slip-up and corrected the interviewer. “I think a Jon Snow prequel I’d be about 10 years old, but a sequel is what you might be talking about.”

“Yeah, I can’t tell you anything about that, I’m so sorry.” He answered.


Extrapolations is an American anthology drama series created by Scott Z that depicts the effects of climate change on the planet through various different points of view through interconnected stories. The series premiered on March 17, 2023 on Apple TV+.

Post a Comment

0 Comments